- I think of social network as an extension that can help keep track of people that you do not speak to as much anymore.
- It does make sense to me as there is a limit to how much time you have to share with others and it can not be equivalent in all relations.
- Having that many “friends” is more along the line of showing how many acquaintances you have.
- Depending on how many close connections you have you will have exponentially more open opportunities through them and their connections.
- I would prefer to keep my personal number under 50 to make sure of the quality of relations.
- I do have more friends on social media than those I consider to be my friends but I do not keep up with most of them on social media. I have not had any notable advantage through these connections.
In making the social network graph it helped me realize the people I can go to in the event I need help or if I’m in search of coming into contact with someone. For the same reason I had made an account on a website called LinkedIn for professional connections only that may help with career opportunities. The difficulty of this was that I do not use social media so it is definitely harder to imagine what my outer group of contacts is but everyone I do care for I make sure to have their numbers.